Welcome to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
We have all four seasons and there are things to do in every one of them! Whether its hitting the slopes, fishing or sailing, pumpkin patches, or a variety of festivals, we have it all!
The neighbourhoods are safe, the beaches are sandy, and there is never a dull moment downtown.
Places to be, things to do, people to see
Where to eat:
Breaky : Floyds Diner // Johns Place // Jam Cafe
Lunch : The Local // Rebar Modern Cafe // Willies Bakery
Dinner : Il Terrazzo // Red Fish Blue Fish // Pagliacci's
Pub : Bard & Banker // Irish Times // Sticky Wicket // Darcys Pub
What to bring:
Westcoast weather is unpredictable - sun, rain, clouds, snow, who knows. It's November so in Autumn…we wear layers!
Jeans & Leggings
Hunter Rain Boots & Boots
Scarf & Beanie & Mittens
Night on the town? It's pretty casual, styles vary between the people so dress for yourself!
Being the capital, Victoria is all about the tourist attractions!
1) Parliament Building - they do tours of the beautifully structured building and apparently it's haunted!
4) Dallas Road & The Breakwater - perfect for a run or just a view! #1 place for dog walkers.
6) Beach Drive Highlands - the most stunning houses/neighbourhood I've ever seen.
7) Beacon Hill Park - beautiful park grounds complete with a petting farm!
9) IMAX museum - movies….supersized. Enough said! Among many other museums in Vic.
10) Beaches & Boutiques - Cadboro Bay, Willows, Gonzales, Thetis Lake (cliff jumping!) Johnson Street shopping boutiques are full of local treasures and eclectic finds. (Bliss, Sitka, & Flavour are a few of my favourites!)
There are some bumpin' bars in this city!
Strathcona Hotel // complete with the Sticky Wicket pub (branching into Big Bad Johns country bar, Games room for pool, darts, & sports, and Clubhouse to bust a move, Rooftop upstairs (open in summer), and Distrikt nightclub in the basement.
Irish & Scottish Bar Central // Irish Times Pub & Bard and Banker (most authentic Irish/Scottish bars with a stunning interior, tasty food, and live music)
Pub & Club in one // Head down to the waterfront and hit up Darcys Pub, feel like keeping the night going? Head to Upstairs nightclub located just above it!
I have some good memories of these places, I wish I could go home for just a day to visit! Victoria is seriously beyond beautiful, I might be bias because everyone thinks their hometown is great but I genuinely miss this place!